28 February, 2013

Blog 18: 2 Hour Meeting Answer 3

1) How can an officer best handle a life-threatening situation?

2) The proper and efficient use of police equipment will keep an officer out of harm's way.

3)

  • Knowing how your equipment works, from radios to your service weapon, will protect you from danger since that is one of their purposes. 
  • Anything an officer carries on him is meant to help him and victims, so the greater amount of knowledge they have on each will allow them to use their equipment more effectively.
  • Today's criminals are becoming more dangerous as they aquire more powerful tools of destruction, so any advantage over them must always be used, and in this case that is the proper and efficient use of police equipment.
4) Mentor: Officer Jaycon Sanchez

5) I plan to get more experience with all the police equipment at my disposal at my mentorship. This ranges from becoming more proficient with radios and radio codes to knowing how to perform first aid and CPR. My test to see how effective improved knowledge with such things will be an evaluation on how much they help me out on my ride alongs with the officers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment