20 May, 2013

Blog 25: Mentorship

Literal:
Hours Log

Contact Info:
Officer Jaycon Sanchez
(626)827-3746

Interpretive:
What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

The most important thing I gained from my entire senior project are the life lessons I learned from the academy like how being respectful and good natured will take you far with most people, how going into the community and helping out, especially at a young age, inspires others and gives your life meaning, how going the extra mile no matter hard it seems is always worth it in the end, and how being calm and acting instead of reacting prevents you from making regretful decisions. These lessons are the product of my mentorship, my academy time, and my overall senior experience.

Applied:
How has what you have done helped you to answer your EQ? Please explain.

From my time at the academy to the weekly meetings at my post to the details I worked with my fellow explorers, I have been plunged into the world of law enforcement. Pratically everything there is to know about it I have been taught by officers with decades of experience. I have even been given the opportunity to apply that knowledge in both mock situations and in real life events. With my EQ being "How can an officer best handle a life threatening situation?", what better way to find answers for it then to take the closest role to an officer available to a civilian and be placed in the very situations they are. Everything from my foundation to my answers is attributed to my mentorship.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment